Friday 11 January 2013

Together we can impact lives


Have you joined the #ACE 4.0 Project which we flagged-off on November 27, 2012? If not; why not?

You should have noticed that no account number was publicly shared in the messages you received. This is because the project is for the few who are ready to join me in this initiative believing that as we impact others, our lives will be impacted as well. Find time to visit Living Proof to see few of what the Lord has done.

Most of the initiatives I carried out under the auspices of my company are funded through Cares Global Network (CGN) and worthy partners. But this is a personal initiative in celebration of my 40th hence my handling it independently.

In 2007, I carried out a similar personal initiative for which I raised funds publicly but majorly through my alumni group. The money was raised for a boy with a hole in his heart. A kobo from the pool of funds that was donated did not come to me; it went directly to the parents of the boy. I only asked them for a list of those who gave and wrote them personal thank you letters. I never tried to get money from the parents of the boy or donors for logistics or personal use. Instead I went the extra mile by donating to the pool. The boy had a surgery in India and he is alive, well and receiving academic awards. The parents in appreciation of the initiative have continued to give back through charity initiatives.

A lady who responded to request for prayers instead of donating to the surgery fund got all what she asked me to pray about. Though her prayers were answered, I never used it as bait for her to give. Giving was a choice and so was my praying for her.

Let me tell you a little about myself, as a child, I had younger children whose parents saddled me with the responsibility of taking to and from school; I wasn't paid to do it, yet I did it diligently. As a corps member (NYSC), I did a counseling project in Minna during which many students and imprisoned Almanjeris left the path of destruction. The project won a state award. With the meagre resources I had, I paid the school fees for a military man's daughter and got my then boyfriend to offer free tutorial to a boy who made a u-turn from drug addiction. I seldom remember their first names; since it was not a 419 venture, I am not keeping a tab on their identity or success so as to use my offering as bait. Freely I received of God, freely I gave.

After I started working, despite irregular salary as a presenter/producer, I helped a friend through school by paying her school fees. I took in a stranger who was introduced to me as a corps member; she lived with me for few days at my NYSC residence and later with me in Lagos for 3+ years. Despite the fact that the Lord blessed her immensely during her free of charge residency, I never baited her.

I set up CGN in 2004, though it was for profit, my personal calling led me to always put the funds into developing young people. Today that company sits on a thread of losing status as an incorporated entity because I refuse to give bribe for the filing of annual returns. Integrity matters!

I have set up organisations, supported the building of churches, establishment of societies and empowered friends, siblings, young people, mature singles and those hurting locally and globally through radio, television, public presentations, newsletter and magazine publications, books, church ministration, counselling... I started the Roving Library Project few years ago; as the name implies I set inspirational books free to begin a journey of no return by placing it into willing hands after reading. Only God knows to what land the books have travelled.

Any message you may have received was not a ploy to make you part with money for my personal aggrandisement; it was an invitation to join me in a laudable service to humanity and you have a choice to stay out or sign in. 

The Bible say, "One shall chase a thousand and two shall put ten thousand to flight". Instead of putting in effort painstakingly to drive the negative effect of need away, together, we can positively impact 40-400 lives through the #ACE 4.0 Project.

I have no doubt that my God will reward you immensely for your love offering!

No comments:

Post a Comment