Sunday 22 December 2013

Great Woman of Faith







Dear One:

On behalf of Cares Global Network, I want to thank you all for your thoughtfulness and prayers. 

Those who met MAMI (My Angel, My Inspiration), Deaconess Ibiyemi Oluremi Asake Famuyiwa nee Odu, were beneficiaries of the love, grace, kindness, devotion, humility, prayer and faith that permeated her life.

My 40th birthday took place in Praise Hall. Mami, as we call her, danced and danced with family and friends present... During the programme all the children in my area of influence were prayed for. That day has gone down in history as the last celebration we had together. The last time she was in Treasure Field Church, where for many years I ministered to young people; after the Bible Study, I asked her to pray for one or two of my children, before we knew what was going on, there was a long line of people waiting for prayers! At some point, I kept saying “Ile n'su o” (it's getting dark o); but she did not stop until there was no one left who needed to be prayed for. She was also there to counsel and pray for those who attended the Singles Breakfast Meeting at RCCG The Covenant House in Victoria Island and HOMES (Harvest Of Marriages Empowerment Summit) at RCCG Olive Tree in Banana Island... 

The suddenness of my Angel's departure at 66 has left me broken; yet I am thankful for the grace to be nurtured by the best of hands. Her departure is a sermon to you and I; God never promised us when (Jesus died at 33) or how (John the Baptist was beheaded) but we can determine what we live for and where we will end up (Hebrews 9:27). I have no iota of doubt that MAMI is with the Lord.

All of me came from this beautiful woman who prayerfully stood by me, was a board member in Cares Global Network, supporter of the ACE 4.0 Project and counsellor for Divine Connection, a ministry God led me to begin for mature singles... She has been an ocean of love and pillar of strength.

ACE 4.0 Project was meant to be a one-off initiative but in MAMI's honour, we have initiated IFE (Ibiyemi Fund for Empowerment) through which we will continue the vision of ACE.

Please feel free to visit www.forevermissed.com/ibiyemi to share your comment, story, photo or video in celebration of my Mum, Deaconess Ibiyemi Oluremi (Odu) Famuyiwa - Woman of Faith. 

I thank you for your care, concern and cash. May God send you divine help in your time of need. May the Lord continue to watch over us.

Omolola Omoteso Famuyiwa PhD. MA. MEd. BA.
Project Director, Cares Global Network 
Publisher, Willows Magazine 
Host, Divine Connection 
Initiator, ACE 4.0 Project 

No comments:

Post a Comment